Things You Can Do
Congressional Voting Record - Learn about the positions your members of Congress take on important civil rights issues.
Take Action Now:
Links on this page will allow you to take action on The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights' legislative priorities. The Leadership Conference is a 501(c)(4) organization that engages in legislative advocacy.
Make sure you are registered to vote. Click here to find out how to register and share with your friends, because #YourVoteMatters!
Want Some Help? A New Toolkit Just for You!
We are happy to share a new resource. The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights Grassroots Campaigns and Advocacy Toolkit can help develop the basic structure and strategies needed to plan and carry out an effective grassroots public education or advocacy campaign. This toolkit covers everything from developing strategy and fundraising, to event planning and grassroots advocacy.
Grassroots Organizing Resources
- Grassroots Tool Kit: This toolkit provides information on a myriad of effective mechanisms you can use in your local or state community to educate and empower individuals in your community, develop a strong coalition of activists, and get your voice heard in Congress to help impact the history of civil and human rights for all people today.
- Grassroots Organizing During a Congressional Recess: Tips for organizing when your member of Congress is back in the district during a congressional recess.
- Planning a Community Forum: A community forum can be anything from a statewide, highly publicized forum, to a discussion group with guest experts at a local meeting.
- Grassroots Action Steps: Four things you can do right now to learn more and take action in 2012
- Visiting Your Members of Congress at Their Local Offices
- Tips on Calling Your Member of Congress
Below are materials for a few of the issues we are currently organizing around. You can also visit the issues section of the website to learn about other civil rights issues.
D.C. Voting Rights
- D.C. Voting Rights Brochure (pdf): A printable brochure to let people know about the lack of voting representation in Washington, D.C.
- Learn more about D.C. voting rights
- Media Diversity Matters: A Media Justice Activist Tool Kit
- Learn more about media and telecommunications policy issues
- Let All Voices Be Heard: Restoring the Right of Workers to Form Unions - A Leadership Conference report
- Learn more about workers' rights