The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
Other Organizations Doing Census Work
The Leadership Conference Education Fund's National Partners
- Asian American Justice Center (includes translated materials in 25 languages) - A community education program help Asian Americans fully participate in the census
- NALEO Education Fund - A national initiative to achieve a full Latino count
- National Congress of American Indians – A public education initiative providing tribal leaders access to Census information and data products to use for research, planning, and decision-making purposes
- NAACP: Yes We Count Census – A public education program to help African Americans fully participate in the census
- The Census Project - A collaboration of a number of census stakeholders representing a broad range of organizations and issue areas. The Census Project website includes daily news updates, fact sheets about hard-to-count communities, podcasts with census experts, and contact information for national organizations who are working to ensure an accurate count.
- Nonprofits Count - Engages nonprofits to work to promote a complete census, using their existing contacts and services