The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
High School Equity
Campaign for High School Equity
The Campaign for High School Equity, convened and organized by the Alliance for Excellent Education, to ensure that America's high schools have the capacity and motivation to prepare every student for graduation, college, work, and life.
Participating organization include: The Leadership Conference Education Fund, the League of United Latin American Citizens, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials Educational Fund, the National Council of La Raza, the National Indian Education Association, the National Urban League, and the Southeast Asia Resource Action Center.
- Campaign for High School Equity Website
- Civil Rights Groups Form Coalition, Develop Plan for High School Reform - 07/02/07
- A Plan for Success: Communities of Color Define Policy Priorities for High School Reform - Report - June 2007
- San Diego School District Provides Successful Model of Education Reform - 2/25/09
- High Schools for Equity: Policy Supports for Student Learning in Communities of Color (pdf) - Report - Justice Matters and the School Redesign Network at Stanford University - 11/01/07
- "A Gift to Society - A New Graduate" - 04/11/07
- Expanding Learning Time in High Schools - Report - Center for American Progress - 10/31/06
- Teens Represent Successful Education Reform Programs; LCCREF Releases Report on 'Best Practices' - 09/14/06
- The Silent Epidemic: Perspectives of High School Dropouts (pdf) - Report - Civic Enterprises, Peter D. Hart Research Associates, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - 03/01/06
- The On-Track Indicator as a Predictor of High School Graduation - Report - Consortium on Chicago School Research - 06/30/05
Losing Our Future: How Minority Youth are Being Left Behind by the Graduation Rate Crisis - Report - Harvard University - 02/25/04