The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
Fight Hate: A Prevention and Response Guide for America's Neighborhoods
CommUNITY 2000 has prepared this manual to help community leaders, fair housing advocates, and others prevent and respond effectively to housing-related hate crimes and tensions. This manual provides:
- Legal information needed to uphold justice in your community in the wake of housing-related hate activity
- A "who's who" guide to law enforcement and the justice system
- Steps in building a rapid response network and protocol for preventing and responding to housing-related hate activity
- Contacts and resources to help ensure and immediate response to hate activity in your community
CommUNITY 2000 is a national collaboration among the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights Education Fund, the National Fair Housing Alliance, and local advocacy groups in Boston, Chicago, San Diego, and North Carolina's Triangle Region.
Table of Contents
- What is a hate crime?
- What is the relationship between housing related hate activity and housing discrimination?
- New answers to an age-old story
- What Constitutes a Violation of the federal Fair Housing Act
- When & Where to get help
- Responding to Housing-related Hate Activity
- Victim Care and Assistance
- Rapid Response Checklist
- Contacts and Resources
To request a copy call 202-898-1661