The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
Medicaid currently serves more than 50 million Americans. It was authorized by Title XIX of the Social Security Act of 1965 and was intended to provide health care to low-income Americans who would not otherwise be able to afford it. Medicaid is jointly funded by the states and the federal government, and is managed by the states.
- Medicaid website - Department of Health & Human Services
- Medicaid Fact Sheet - Families USA
- Medicaid Resources - Families USA
- Applying for Medicaid - AARP
- Ryan Proposal to Block Grant Medicaid Would Disproportionately Impact Communities of Color - June 2011
- Myths about the Medicaid Program and the People It Helps - Report - AARP - November 2008
- The Medicaid Program: A Brief Overview - Report - AARP - July 2007
- Medicare and Medicaid Cuts Threaten Families, Seniors, and Children - Center for American Progress - February 2007
- LCCR Letter on the Discriminatory Medicaid Provision - 12/15/05
- Medicaid: House Budget Proposal Harms Millions - Center for American Progress - 11/29/05
- Medicaid Commission Recommendations Could Save $11 Billion, But at What Cost? - 09/27/05
- As 40th Anniversary Nears, Battle Over Medicaid Remains Contentious - 07/29/05
- As Tennessee Goes, So Might Go the Nation - 7/26/05
- Tennessee Medicaid Changes Could Have Detrimental Effect Nationwide - 06/15/04