The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
Michael McConnell Nomination (Archive)
Confirmed on November 15, 2002
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Michael McConnell's writings and advocacy on many important civil rights and constitutional issues, such as the reach of federal anti-discrimination statutes, federalism, and the right to vote, reflected views that are outside the mainstream of judicial thought.
- LCCR Letter to Senate Opposing the Confirmation of Michael McConnell - 11/15/2002
- Civil Rights Coalition Criticizes Senate Vote on Judicial Nominations - Press Release - 11/14/02
- Henderson Vows to Fight to Protect Judiciary - Feature Story - 11/14/02
- LCCR, Alliance for Justice Letter Opposing the McConnell Nomination - 9/18/2002
- Statement of Nancy Zirkin, Deputy Director, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights Opposing Michael McConnell to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit - Press Release - 9/17/2002
- Statement by Nancy Zirkin Opposing McConnell Nomination - 9/17/02