Supreme Court Nominees
Nominations to the Supreme Court are made by the president, and submitted to the Senate for confirmation.
Judge Sonia Sotomayor
On May 26, President Obama announced his nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court to replace retiring Justice David Souter.
- More About Sonia Sotomayor
- Video ad: Justice - Coalition for Constitutional Values
- Senate Judiciary Committee Materials - hearing information, witness list, committee questionnaire
- Watch Judge Sotomayor's Confirmation Hearing on Monday, July 13 - 7/10/09
- Sonia Sotomayor Will Be a Fair and Just Supreme Court Justice - 6/12/09
- Coalition for Constitutional Values Launches Ad Introducing Supreme Court Nominee Sonia Sotomayor - 5/27/09
- Civil Rights Coalition Applauds Historic Nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court - 5/26/09
- President Obama Names Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court - 5/26/09
- Supreme Court Justice David Souter to Retire in June - 5/1/09
- Remarks by President Obama at Sotomayor's Nomination
Visit LCCR's Action Center to learn what you can do to support Judge Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the Supreme Court