LGBT Rights Resources
- Equality from State to State: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans and State Legislation - Human Rights Campaign - 1/26/09
- Map of State Laws Banning Discrimination on the Basis of Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity - The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - 7/31/08
The Uniting American Families Act, introduced in February 2009, would give gay and lesbian U.S. citizens and permanent residents the right to sponsor their foreign-born permanent partners for legal residency in the U.S.
- About the Uniting American Families Act (H.R. 1024/S. 424) - Human Rights Campaign
- U.S. Immigration Policy Discriminates against Same-Sex Partners - 3/23/09
- Family, Unvalued: Discrimination, Denial and the Fate of Binational Same-Sex Couples Under U.S. Law - Immigration Equality and Human Rights Watch - 2006
- Immigration Equality - A national organization fighting for equality under U.S. immigration law for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and HIV-positive individuals.
- also see our Laws Banning Same-Sex Marriage page
- Relationship Recognition Map For Same-Sex Couples In The United States - The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - 4/7/09
- To Have and To Hold? Maybe Not. True Stories from Same-Sex Couples Denied the Protections of Marriage in Life and Death - Human Rights Campaign Foundation - 2005
- The Human Rights Campaign Family Project
- Services and Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Transgender Elders (SAGE) - A non-profit agency dedicated to serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender older people.
- Pension Law Includes Important Protections for Same-Sex Couples Under Federal Law - Human Rights Campaign - 8/17/06
- Selling Us Short: How Social Security Privatization Will Affect Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Americans - Report - The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - 8/9/05
- Unique Housing Challenges for Seniors - Human Rights Campaign
- Harsh Realities: The Experiences of Transgender Youth in Our Nation's Schools - Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network - 3/17/09
- Trans-Inclusive Year in Review - National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - 8/1/08 - A fact sheet that lists all state and local trans-inclusive legislative victories by year, including the passage date and vote, starting with 2002.
- House Subcommittee Holds First Hearing on Transgender Discrimination - 7/2/08
- Transgender Americans: A Handbook for Understanding - Human Rights Campaign Foundation - 6/23/2008
- Opening the Door to the Inclusion of Transgender People: The Nine Keys to Making LGBT Organizations Fully Transgender-Inclusive - Report - National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - 4/28/08
- Transgender Inclusion in the Workplace, 2nd Edition - Human Rights Campaign Foundation - 4/22/08
- also see our Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) Resources page
- 2,200 Foreign Service Workers Call for Equal Benefits for Same-Sex Partners - 2/2/09
- Under Pressure, Bush Appointee Restores LGBT Anti-Discrimination Information - 4/23/04
- Bush Appointee Criticized for Distorting LGBT Anti-Discrimination Information - 3/31/04
- Pride at Work - An official constituency group of the AFL-CIO