The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
Google Tools for Marketing & Fundraising - Links
Below are links to the tools discussed at the Google Tools for Marketing & Fundraising session on October 2.
Most of the tools listed below are free to everybody (organizations or individuals). Some, as noted, have special features that are available to 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
Signing Up for Google Tools
For many of these tools, you will need to have a Google account to use all the features.
- If you already have a personal Gmail/Google account, you may prefer to use that account to access any Google tools used by your organization.
- If you do not have either a Gmail or Google account, you should Create a Google Account. This is not an email account - you will be able to sign in to Google using your current email address.
About Google for Nonprofits
- Google for Nonprofits - overview of how nonprofits can use Google tools to promote their cause and operate efficiently
- Google for Nonprofits Discussion Group - join this email list to get tips on how to use Google tools at your nonprofit
- 2008 Election - information about the candidates and the election
- Power Readers in Politics - see the articles that the candidates are reading
- Google Maps Voter Information - search for your address to get targeted information on how to register, where to vote, etc.
- Voter Info Gadget - to embed in your website
Raising Brand Awareness
- Blogger - create a blog
- Google Groups - email lists
- YouTube - video
- Picasa Web Albums - share your photos online
- Google Adwords - online advertising
- Google Maps - create interactive maps with MyMaps
- Google Chrome - web browser, Windows only
- Google Apps - collaboration tools
- Your IT administrator can set this up for your whole organization, or individuals can use the tools listed below.
- Gmail - web email
- Google Calendar - online calendar
- Google Documents - collaborate on online documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms
- Google Sites - simple public or private websites
- Google Mobile - using Google Tools on your mobile phone/device
Understanding Your Audience
- Google Analytics - track website traffic
- Google Checkout - process online donations
- Google News Click on Personalize this Page on top right to choose what type of stories you see
- Google Alerts - receive email updates when keywords appear in the news or on websites
- Google Blog Search - find out who is covering your issue or writing about your organization
Other Google Tools
There are many more Google tools that weren't discussed in the session. Here's a list of some others: More Google Products