The Leadership Conference is working diligently to see that Tom Perez is confirmed as U.S. Secretary of Labor. Perez is an eminently qualified public servant and consensus builder who has dedicated his career to ensuring that all individuals are treated fairly and have the opportunity to succeed. He has served with integrity and distinction at the local, state and national level, compiling an outstanding record of achievement.
About the Voting Rights Act Collaborative
The VRA Collaborative's participating organizations share a unique, comprehensive understanding of VRA and represent the various specific communities affected by the Act. They also have a unique capacity to provide accurate information about how the provisions of the Act have been implemented since passage and an understanding of their ongoing importance.
The Collaborative brings together groups with strong litigation experience with the VRA in particular and protecting minority voting rights generally, as well as policy experts. Our collective expertise and understanding of how the courts and the Department of Justice have interpreted the VRA, as well as our in-depth understanding of the political and social context in which these legal developments have occurred, naturally place us in a unique position to educate and communicate effectively about the role of the VRA.
- Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
- Leadership Conference on Civil Rights Education Fund
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Federation of Labor -- Congress of Industrial Organizations
- Asian American Justice Center
- Common Cause
- Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- League of Conservation Voters
- League of Women Voters
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- National Congress of American Indians
- National Council of La Raza
- Native American Rights Fund
- People For the American Way
- Service Employees International Union
- The Center for Voting and Democracy
- The Interfaith Alliance